|We all face difficult times in our lives, but we can always be thankful for what God has done for us. You may be struggling with your finances and be on the brink of foreclosure, or you are fighting a deadly and painful disease. Maybe you’re dealing with a broken relationship or facing a spiritual letdown. No matter what we face, we have been blessed immensely and need to remember what God has done for us.
Here are ten blessings we should never forget.
- Jesus died and paid for your sin.
- God has given you eternal life, and you have Heaven to look forward to while you go through this life.
- You were sealed with the Holy Spirit the moment you trusted Christ.
- You have the Holy Spirit’s power to live above sin.
- You don’t have to do anything for God to love you; rather, you serve Him out of gratitude for what He has done for you.
- The angels are ministers of God on your behalf.
- You have the Bible, the inspired Word of God, miraculously preserved for thousands of years so that you can read it and learn from it.
- You have the privilege of prayer. Anytime you have a problem you can go straight to the LORD.
- God delights in hearing your prayers.
- You have a church that loves you and exists so that you can grow spiritually.
These are just some of the countless blessings we have in Christ. Remember all God has done for you, and you will be encouraged to keep serving the Lord.
Devotional by Dr. James A. Scudder